go to top

Useful Websites for Information & Advice

Surrey FIS - Surrey Family Information Service - useful, free & impartial local service for families with children 0-25

Gov.UK - Information on a range of services including Job Centre Plus, housing, benefits, childcare & parenting, citizenship & living in the UK, money & tax, and disabled people

Childcare Choices - find out about the government's new ways to help parents with childcare costs. Whether you have toddlers or teens, you could get support

30 hours funded childcare for working parents - Family Information Service info

Gingerbread - provides expert advice, practical support and campaigns for single parents

Fatherhood Institute - UK's fatherhood think-and-do-tank

Dorking Schools' Partnership - network of local schools providing help and information

Think U Know - guidance for parents on how to keep children safe from sex abuse, both on and offline

Parent info - provides high quality information for parents about their children's wellbeing and resilience in the digital world

Parent information leaflet - Where and how to seek help when your child is unwell

CAPT - Child Accident Prevention Trust - free child safety advice

Surrey Against Domestic Abuse - offers help and support for anyone in the county affected by domestic abuse

FEET Funding - find out more about free funding for two year olds to attend nursery provision 

To find out more about two year funding in Surrey, watch these two video clips:-

Find a Dentist - find an NHS Dentist near you

Sexual Health - find NHS services near you

Immunisations - NHS advice on immunisations/vaccinations

Children and Family Health Surrey - NHS nursing and therapy services for children and families across Surrey

Parent Zone - Experts in digital family life - Advice and information to help parents keep children safe online, eg parental and privacy controls, how family-friendly are the games and apps your kids like to play? and more

CEOP - Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (National Crime Agency). Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? Report it to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors.

Forms for protecting and safeguarding children - If you are a professional involved in protecting and safeguarding children in Surrey these are the forms you will most commonly need.