An Introduction to Autism in Children
Open to parents & carers of children with autism - Weds 16 Jan, 9.30-11.30am at our West Street site.
Run by El Davis (SENCo at Dorking Nursery School and Children’s Centre). El has spent her career working with children with Autism, including as class teacher at specialist schools for children with Autism. She has worked in an outreach capacity providing support to schools and has trained in a variety of strategies e.g. TEACCH, PECS, Intensive Interaction. She holds a Masters specialising in Autism and Speech, Language and Communication Needs. El is passionate about supporting parents of children with additional needs.
During the session, she will look at:
• what autism is and how it tends to present in children;
• perspectives from a person with autism's point of view;
• a range of strategies for supporting children with autism;
• links to support groups and networks for families;
• opportunities to meet and chat with other parents;
• troubleshooting opportunities.
To book a place, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Janine on 01306 882397 (West Str). We ask for £5 per family, payable in advance, non-refundable.