You are here
Fundraising - Friends of Dorking Nursery (FOND)
FOND is a registered charity whose aim is to raise funds to support Dorking Nursery School and Children's Centre.
Made up of a group of parents, friends and staff, the committee organises a number of events and fundraising activities which are designed to involve all Centre parents and carers. Follow us on social media @DorkingNursery and our blog to find out more and get all the updates!
Sponsors and donations
We work closely with a variety of local businesses and receive donations from a variety of companies to support our work.
In the academic year 2015-16 we have received the following:-
- A grant of £1,000 towards IT equipment for our Children's Centre from the Worshipful Company of Information Technologists
- £500 from Scott's the Jewellers in Dorking towards SEN resources
- £1,051.50 from Salfords based company, Prater towards SEN resources
- £990 from Circle Housing, Mole Valley
- Sponsorship from Compass Construction who donate a percentage of their profits to local charities each year. For more information, please visit http://www.compass-construction.co.uk/charity
Fundraising activities and how it works...
The FOND members usually meet once a term to share ideas and plan events. Staff from the Nurseries and the Children's Centre can submit requests for equipment and events to support the learning of all children and families using the services. Fundraising activities are varied and usually great fun! They have included:
- Quiz nights
- Wine tasting evenings
- A Pamper Party
- A Summer Fayre
- Cake sales
It's also a great way to get to know everyone!
On September 3rd a group of staff, their friends and family ran the 7k Nuts Challenge to raise money for FOND.
What FOND have achieved...
FOND have been crucial in supporting the children and families using our services.
They have funded the following projects and equipment:
- A complete overhaul of the 3-5s garden
- The soft play room
- Equipment for the Additional Needs Room
- Toys and equipment including tricycles, books, easels.
If you would like to become involved with either FOND, please speak to a member of the office staff at either site.
There are lots of ways you can help - even if you only have a limited amount of time to spare!