EYFS and the Education Inspection Framework
Thursday, March 5, 2020 - 9:00am to 3:30pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
This brand new course will look at the 2019 Education Inspection Framework in relation to the EYFS.
The course will consider:
• Effective leadership and management - including the importance of staff development and protecting staff from excessive workloads. We will look at the EYFS Statutory Framework, welfare requirements and safeguarding. A format will be provided for developing an EYFS action plan;
• Quality of teaching – you will develop awareness of the nature of outstanding teaching in EYFS and curriculum across all seven areas of learning. We will look at developing children’s learning through adult directed and child initiated learning considering indoor and outdoor learning. We will explore intent, implementation & impact and the importance of staff being able to talk about aspects of teaching and learning and how they are developing children’s learning.
• Quality of teaching and learning including an opportunity to rationalise strategies for all aspects of evidence collection, observation and assessment;
• Behaviour and attitudes - including the role of the key person, behaviour management, self-regulation, promoting positive self-esteem and resilience;
• Personal development - developing awareness of the contribution EYFS makes in becoming an effective citizen, a life-long learner and an individual able to cope with life in the 21st century. We will consider British Values and the role RE can play in personal development.
Trainer(s): Kathy Bigio
Kathy Bigio is an ex-local authority Early Years adviser with 28 years teaching experience and 18 years experience working in an advisory capacity with the non-maintained and maintained sector.
She delivers EYFS training and also works in schools and settings, observing, monitoring and evaluating foundation stage provision. Kathy regularly works with senior management to identify areas for development in schools and assist in developing an EYFS action plan for improvement.