2-Day (12 Hour) Paediatric First Aid Training DAY 1
Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 8:30am to 3:30pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
12 HOUR PAEDIATRIC FIRST AID TRAINING run by Surrey First Aid, aimed at all those working with children, particularly those working with Early Years.
2 Days - Tuesday 27 Nov and 4 Dec 2018, 9.00 – 3.30pm (Registration from 8.30am),
at Dorking Nursery School & Children’s Centre, West Street site.
As of 1st September 2014, OFSTED Statutory Framework for Early Years Foundation Stage requires that at least one person with a valid paediatric first aid certificate must be on the premises and available at all times when children are present and must accompany children on outings. Childminders and any assistant who might be in sole charge of the children for any period of time must hold a valid paediatric first aid certificate.
This training covers the following:
• Coping with an emergency in the childcare environment
• OFSTED & EYFS requirements including first aid boxes and reporting
• The priorities of treatment
• Resuscitation: Adult, child and baby
• Unconsciousness: Adult, child and baby
• Control of bleeding & shock
• Treatment of minor injuries with the emphasis on children & babies • Drowning and poisoning
• Choking: Adult, child and baby
• General Paediatric medical conditions: asthma, anaphylaxis, diabetes, epilepsy, febrile convulsions, meningitis etc
• Head injuries, spinal management and injuries to the eyes
• Course includes anaphylaxis awareness & AED (automated external defibrillator) use as standard
On successful completion of this course delegates will receive their OFSTED and EYFS accepted certificate via email PDF, which is valid for 3 years. Delegates will also receive a copy of the course resources via email to keep on file.
Trainer(s): Surrey First Aid