Early Years Curriculum
The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Curriculum is broken down into 7 key areas, these are what the children learn. There are also Characteristics of Effective Learning (CEL) which looks at how they learn.
The 7 areas of the curriculum are:
- Personal, social and emotional development – PSED
- Communication and language – CL
- Physical development – PD
- Literacy – L
- Mathematics – M
- Understanding the world – UtW
- Expressive arts and design – EAD
Parents are given detailed reports from their child's key workers focussing on their child's progress within these 7 areas.