Makaton with "Singing" Workshop
Friday, May 11, 2018 - 9:30am to 3:30pm
Book via Booking Form
About this event
Using Makaton with Singing is a fun and easy way to learn to use signs with singing for children. Signing and singing have been shown to encourage the development of communication and language skills and are beneficial for vocalization, confidence, social skills, emotional development, well-being and self-esteem.
Designed for those who have no prior knowledge of Makaton, this course is a one-day workshop for Early Years Practitioners (teachers & support staff) and community musicians working with young children. You will learn up to 100 signs and have fun practicing them in songs adapted for different levels of ability.
The workshop is divided into four lively and practical sessions covering:
• What is Makaton
• Tips for Signing
• Developing skills through signing and singing
• Using Makaton in your setting.
On completion of this workshop you should:
1. Have a basic understanding of Makaton
2. Understand how Makaton can be used with singing
3. Understand how to facilitate choices using symbols and signs
4. Understand how songs can be adapted to suit the different abilities of individuals or small groups
5. Be informed about other Makaton workshops and courses, access to signs, symbols and resources
6. Be informed about additional resources that can support session content.
Trainer(s): Tracy King
The workshop is delivered by Tracy King, a highly experienced and passionate Makaton Regional Tutor. Tracy has extensive experience of applying Makaton in a wide range of settings as well as a passion for helping others to build up and apply their skills. You will leave the workshop feeling inspired and confident.